Welcome to Geography Theme 1.
This theme is focused on seas and oceans.
Start your learning with this introductory PPT:
and the accompanying worksheet:
Useful video resources include:
1) For ship routes
2) A link to a site with a maritime shipping map:
3) Video about shipping containers:
4. Holiday Homework Documents:
Don’t forget to check out the OIB METHODOLOGY section of the blog for help with AMQs.
5. Seas and Oceans as areas of tension: Video about the South China Sea:
6. The Ocean Economy Critical Reflection Exercise:
Chapter 2: Comparing France and the USA in terms of Martime Power
This is the key booklet for this comparative study of French and US maritime power:
Here is the introductory / overview Powerpoint used in the lessons to prepare you for the extended assignment:
This is the base map used for French maritime power:
A recent NOAA report on the importance of the maritime economy to the USA:
French Maritime Security report for 2015:
A very useful site explaining the power of the US Navy and how it is projected around the globe: